Access to the Arena for patrons with limited mobility is via Olympic Blvd or the Rod Laver Arena and Melbourne Arena tram stops. Ramps provide access throughout the site.
- All turnstile entries have an accessible entry to accommodate wheelchair/special needs access
- Mobility impaired passengers may be dropped off at our Northern Carpark via Entrance A (Batman Avenue). Please be aware that patrons are allocated a maximum 20 minute period in which to drop off passengers, after which time patrons may incur charges. There is also a designated drop off zone, directly in front of Melbourne Arena on Olympic Boulevard.
- An external lift (Lift 9) is available from the Margaret Arena forecourt to enable patrons with limited mobility to get from Ground Level to Concourse Level. The lift can be accessed through an entry way to the left of the Margaret Court Arena Box Office.
- Lifts 2,3, and 4 facilitate movement between each level of the Arena, with additional lifts located at Arena Doors 8 and 17, and Exit Door 2, to provide access inside the Auditorium and to the floor.
Accessible & Special Needs Tickets/Seating
Pre booked tickets for mobility impaired or special needs patrons is done directly through the Melbourne Park Box Office:
- By telephone 03 9286 1208
- Fax 03 9286 1653
- Email email@example.com
- Tickets may also be purchased on the day from the accessible ticket window – Rod Laver Arena Forecourt Box Office
Wheelchair accessible seating bays allows for a wheelchair space with an adjacent companion seat. Accessibility ramp can be found at doors 1, 2 & 9.
Accessible toilets (larger wider cubicle with door opening outwards) are available throughout the Arena. Accessibility toilets located beside arena door 3, 13 and 16.
Accessible Parking and Accessible Drop off Areas
Accessible Parking (subject to availability) is booked through Ticketek on the special needs hotline 03 9286 1208. All accessible parking will be charged at the time of booking.
Accessible Drop Off Areas
Mobility impaired passengers may bed dropped off at our Northern Carpark via Entrance A (Batman Avenue). Please be aware that patrons are allocated a maximum 20 minute period in which to drop off passengers, after which time patrons may incur charges.